Saturday, August 15, 2009

Talents.

We've all probably watched at least one video, seen one television show, or heard one song that was very well done.

And then you think to yourself, 'I'm going to be like that!' But then you find out-probably very harshly-you don't have the skills to be and actor, nor the voice to sing, or the patience to make a video with your friends.

Well...That was me when I was 8 or 9. I found out that I had very poor acting skills, I already knew I couldn't sing as for patience? Pfft. None. I'm much better now though...But I have found only two talents, that I love doing: Writing and violin.

I've always loved making up stories. Pretending to be the knight that saves the Prince in a Pickle. (I'm not bisexual and not a lesbian, so I'm not saving the Damsel in Distress...Not that there's anything wrong with homosexuals, mind you.)

Then, in grade 3 I actually started writing down my stories. They weren't good at all, compared to my writing now, but hey, I was only in grade three.

Then, the impossible happened when I was 10: My first writing got published.

it was only a little poem in a minor magazine about our troops and my hope for peace, but...You take what you can get.

Now I'm much older, more mature, and writing my own book. (Or trying to, at least...)

Now for the violin story. (I feel like I'm bragging...)

I've always liked the violin. How it looked, sounded, felt. Then for my 12Th birthday I actually got a violin and got lessons! I adapted so quickly to it that even I'm surprised. I thought it was going to be hard. I started out not the best, but now I've memorized "Oh Suzanna" and I'm playing in recitals! Though I do make mistakes, like everyone else, I can't help but feel accomplished for only those two things. And even though I don't have a million talents like a lot of people, I;m just happy with my select few.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't get published till last school year, well done :D!

    Whoot on the violin!

    Most people don't actually have a lot of talents XD Unless they're geinuses or just pretending.

    ReplyDelete